"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

3/31/09

I Won Something

Last Saturday I attended the annual Spin In hosted by our local spinning guild, the Log Cabin Spinners. It's a lot of fun, even though I don't have a wheel. I just take my knitting with me. There are vendors selling all manner of luscious fiber, yarns, and tools for the fiber addict. There's also raffle tickets, which I always buy because that is how the guild pays for the event. I've been buying raffle tickets every year for years. Finally, I won something-twice!

First a rather humble niddy noddy. I've been wanting one for some time. I do, after all, have my own Navajo Spindle. I don't use it much right now, but I have every intention of doing so, some day.


The second prize is awesome. A skein of worsted weight hand dyed superwash merino.

What's even more amazing-purple is in the colorway. I think it's absolutely gorgeous. It's so soft to the touch too.

My daughter, Sarah, went with me this year for the first time. It was so much fun having her there. She took a crochet project with her (she's become quite the crocheter). She's making a beautiful jacket in 3 shades of blue. I'm quite impressed with it. So was everyone at the Spin In who saw it. I'm so happy she's taken up a yarny craft. She did inherit something good from me after all.

I am going to complain about the weather. Apparently spring is losing ground. We've woken up to new snow the last 3 mornings. By the end of the day it has usually all melted back to the way things were before it started snowing, but not today. We had a good 2 to 3 inches of new, and it's still snowing like crazy.

I admit it's starting to get to me. We have now surpassed all snowfall amounts in history since they started recording them. In other words, we've had more snow in the winter of 2008/09 than any other year. Even worse than the winter of '48. I didn't think that was possible. If not for all the wonderful birds at my bird feeder all day, I think I might go mad.

I took the Lunabead necklace with me to what I'm hoping is my last appointment for blood tests. I won't know the results until later this week. Anyway, I gave it to my personal vampire and she loved it. I mean really LOVED it! I'd made it in her favorite color. I find it interesting that the favorite color of someone who spends all day poking needles in people to extract blood should love the very same color that blood is. I guess she picked the right career. It is nice, though, to make a gift for someone and have them gush all over it with joy. I feel all warm and fuzzy about it. Still, I hope I never have to see her again.

Well, I guess I'll don my boots and jacket and trodd on down the hill to wipe the snow off the satellite dishes so I can watch a movie while I knit for a bit. Stupid snow.....

Have a nice day.

No comments:

Post a Comment